"Hydra" Update - now in game!
- the "Hydra" Operation and the namesake weapon series;
- the weapons АМ-17 and Typhoon F12 Custom;
- festive "Rime" series;
- themed winter locations: Safe House, Inventory, shop and "Krampus Town" map;
- Blackwood skins.
Click a section in the list below to navigate to the corresponding article.
The new Special Operation "Hydra" is already available. While creating "Hydra", the developers team decided to get back to the basics, making the gameplay intuitive and more "meaty" unlike that of the latest Special Operations such as "Pripyat", "Sunrise" and "Mars" that featured a large number of complex mechanics and a well-developed plot.
In "Hydra" players will have to defend a special terminal located in the center of the map, with each enemy wave being more dangerous than the previous one. In total there are 20 waves. During the last one players will become engaged in the final stand-off with a powerful boss.
Upon completing the Special Operation, you can get 15 new achievements, one of which is a secret. To collect all the badges, marks and stripes, you will have not only to defeat the enemies but also demonstrate an excellent teamwork.
Starting from the 10th wave completed, you will be able to get rewards including temporary and permanent "Hydra" weapons. The series includes popular models for Riflemen, Medics, Engineers and Snipers and their corresponding camos. Typhoon F12 Custom which previously was not featured in the game is Hydra's particular feature.
Of course, 10 000 kills made with "Hydra" weapons will bring you a unique stripe "Hydriform"!
We are glad to present you a compact submachine gun that was developed by the Kalashnikov Group on the basis of a frame elaborated by the legendary gunmaker Evgueni Dragunov. In Warface the arm boasts excellent combat specs such as a high accuracy in the aiming mode, good range and hip accuracy. The gun’s mind-blowing damage will turn AM-17 into your rivals’ nightmare since even the most modern helmet will not save the enemy from sure death at close range!
The owners of the golden verison will be able to get a unique stripe for dealing 999 killing blows.
TYPHOON F12 CUSTOM
An upgraded Typhoon F12 version is yet another curious innovation. Typhoon F12 Custom offers all the advantages of the predecessor while featuring some improved specs such as a high capacity 15-round drum mag and a slightly increased precision in the aiming mode.
We will tell you later about the ways of acquiring this gun.
"RIME" WEAPON SERIES
Missing a bright frost series? “Rime” it on! The graceful pattern is flowing along the weapon shell, as if winter winds have left their stamp on the cold steel. These colourfully designed weapons can make your enemies feel hot on the battlefield and will show some magic even to the battle-harded veterans!
By eliminating enemies with “Rime” weapons you an obtain unique stripes.
We are glad to present you a themed map designed especially for winter holidays. You are well familiar with the battlefield! This is one of the districts in the abandoned city of Pripyat which has prepared for a harsh winter in its own peculiar manner.
Your task is quite simple: intercept an enemy unit and destroy as many foes as possible. Before going on the mission carefully study the field pictures, they will help you quickly navigate in the snowy terrain.
EXTENDED "ONYX" SERIES
The line-up now includes Typhoon F12 and Kriss Super V Custom. Unique attachments are skinned as well.
We will tell you later about the ways of acquiring these weapons.
We have added Blackwood skins for the Rifleman, Medic, Engineer and Sniper, as well as a set containing all of them. Hurry to get them now in the new Battle Pass!
WINTER SAFE HOUSE
With a wave of a magic wand the safehouse has transformed: colourful fairy lights, snowmen, synthehic snow piles and some pine trees, which were chosen by General Lee Warton. Moreover, a Christmas tree is already waiting for soldiers in the background of the inventory and the in-game shop.
The update has introduced the concept of "weapon rarity." Now every model has its own quality which depends on the uniqueness of the arm and is displayed in the player’s inventory in the item description and weapon icon colour grades. In addition, the localization of progression weapon categories has been updated.
Progression weapons categories
- Beginner level
- Medium level
- Advanced level
- Professional level
The Ranked Matches matchmaking algorithms
The Ranked Matches matchmaking algorithms have been optimized. Now matchmaking even more carefully distributes allies and opponents basing on their combat effectiveness in order to achieve maximum team balance.
- Added themed winter content: Christmas maps and new log-in reward streaks are now available; the Safe House music theme has been updated.
WEAPONS AND GEAR
- SED's machine guns are now less noisy while shooting.
- The visuals of the grips-attachments have been reworked. The changes apply to their skinned versions as well.
The reward in Random Boxes with "Spectre" gear has been changed. Now it is possible to get permanent "Spectre" (Beta) items.
Added water animation at low graphics settings; at the same time, the game client performance remains the same.
Reworked loading screen: the image has changed, the Blackwood Games logo has been added and the Crytek logo has been modified.Timing configurations when sending messages to in-game chats have been tweaked. This measure will help to reduce spam and fishing instances.
Message sending time
Rank 1–25 Rank 26+ Global chat "All" 1 message per 30 minutes [new] 1 message per 10 seconds Room chats [new] 1 message per 3 seconds 1 message per 3 seconds Team chats [new] 1 message per 3 seconds 1 message per 3 seconds Clan chats 1 message per 3 seconds 1 message per 3 seconds Private messages Without restrictions Without restrictions
- Fixed the bugs due to which in some cases the game client shut down.
- HArms CQR "Great Gatsby": fixed the error due to which the weapons had a higher recoil than their regular peers.
- Fixed and visually corrected the animation when a slide is abruptly interrupted by a jump.
- Fixed the error due to which there were no special effects after a character revival.
- Sometimes weapon management noises (reloading, shooting etc.) were not present.
WEAPONS AND GEAR
- CZ Scorpion Evo3 A1 "Icebreaker": fixed the error which caused incorrect recicle colour with installed "Ultra-rare SMG Scope".
- Marlin 1894 Custom "Great Gatsby": fixed the error due to which kills made with this model did not count for "Great Gatsby" achievements progress.
- SV-98 "Morion": fixed the error due to which the "Fast Mid-Range Scope 5x" icon was not skinned in the attachment menu.
- Maxim 9 "Onyx": fixed the visual error which caused incorrect camo display of the model upon uninstalling the "Trijicon RMR Adjustable LED".
- Anakon, Arcus Tactics: fixed the visual error which caused incorrect display of the weapon model in the soldier's hands in the Inventory.
- Dragunov SR: fixed a visual error which caused an incorrect weapon model display in third person view with a vest applied.
- M40A5: fixed a visual error which caused an incorrect weapon model display in the character's hands in third person view when female skins were equipped.
- Tavor TAR-12: fixed a visual error which caused an incorrect reload animation.
- XM556 Microgun: fixed an error which made it possible to compare the specs of the primary weapon with those of the secondary CZ 805 G1 in the shop and Inventory.
- Steyr M9-A1: fixed the error which caused lots of visual artefacts upon equipping the pistol.
- "Absolute" Smoke Grenade: fixed the error which produced model textures that did not correspond to the selected grenade after it was equipped.
- Steyr Scout: fixed the error which caused different cartridge casing looks in first and third person view.
- Thompson M1928 "Morion": fixed the error which caused incorrect weapon display in the character's hands in third person view.
- Fixed the error which could cause incorrect attachment textures with the equipped "Rifleman Grip" and "Rifleman Grip Pod".
- Gepard GM6 Lynx: fixed the error which caused incorrect weapon display in the character's hands with equipped female skins.
- Blackwood gear: fixed several visual artefacts that appeared upon equipping various set items or upon combining them with other equipment (in first or third person view).
- Yard: fixed the error due to which a bomb could be planted on a container (and was impossible to defuse) on a certain spot of the map.
- Yard: fixed an unintended vulnerable spot.
- Xmas Icebound, "Factory": fixed the error due to which the player could get stuck in a certain point of the map.
- Factory: fixed the error due to which the team could not defuse the bomb planted in a certain point of the map.
- Factory: fixed the error due to which the player was teleported to the previous spot when he tried to climb the container.
- Factory: fixed the error which made it possible to climb boxes on a certain spot of the map.
- Factory: fixed unintended vulnerable spots in certain points of the map.
- Airbase: fixed the error due to which one of the objects on the map lacked the collision model.
- Invasion: fixed a visual error due to which the cover on a certain spot of the map disappeared and the player behind became visible to the opponents.
- Sirius: fixed the error due to which the player could die on a certain spot of the map after jumping many times.
- Forest: fixed a visual error which caused incorrect textures display on a certain spot of the map.
- District: fixed a visual error due to which object textures disappeared on certain spots of the map.
- Palace: fixed the error due to which a bomb could be incorrectly planted on a car wheel.
- Palace: fixed the error due to which some surrounding objects lacked the collision model.
- Bridges: fixed the error due to which the player could perform a slide in the lying position and fall under the map textures.
- Hawkrock: fixed the error due to which the player took damage from the gate explosion when he was standing near other gates.
- Palace: fixed an unintended vulnerable spot.
- Fixed the error due to which players' combat stats screen opened when the players put the match on pause.
- Fixed the error due to which the spectator mode camera could take an incorrect position at the beginning of the round.
- Mars (Act 1): fixed the error due to which in some cases the health indicator of the Heavy Droid disappeared.
- Mars (Act 4): fixed a visual error which caused incorrect display of certain elements of the "Terraformer-1" construction.
- Anubis: fixed the error due to which the player could fall through the map textures in a certain point of the map.
- The HQ: fixed a localization error due to which an incorrect SpecOp name was displayed on the screen upon receiving a box with a reward for mission completion.
- Training: fixed the error due to which the player could walk through textures in a certain point of the map.
- Fixed the tip text position on the match loading screen.
- Fixed the error due to which the SED model was incorrectly displayed in the Inventory if the player left the Safe House while sliding.
- Fixed the error which caused incorrect climb assisting or obstacles overcoming if they were activated by the mouse wheel.
- The grip icons in the attachment window can be different from their reworked versions.
- When the game is resumed after the pause in PvP modes, the timer is displayed upon opening the score window.
- The majority of weapons have incorrect rarity.
Good luck in combat!